Name's Autumn, I'm a Registered Veterinary Technician & I live in good ol' Indiana. I'm 22 years old & have always been "the fat girl". I am slowly but surely becoming the FIT girl instead. I started my journey in December of 2011. I ran my first 1/2 marathon in December of 2012.
I obtained my Personal Trainer Certification in April of 2013, and as of June 2013 I am a Certified Nutrition Advisor.
I'm here to help if any of you have any questions or just need encouragement. I've been in your shoes. It always helps to have a little support. Just think of me as your favorite sports bra. ;)
Highest Weight: Right around 250#
Starting Weight: 244#
Current Weight: 191# (12.5.13)
Goal Weight: 170#
Ultimate Goal Weight: 150#
Inches Lost: 58"
Percentage of Body Weight Lost: 29.5%
Starting tomorrow I will cycle through my fourth round of the cleanse. Anyone want to join me!? :)
So you know me: I’m NOT NOT NOOOT a fan of fad diets. However, this is all natural. No magic pills or shakes or ploys for you to buy anything. But I’ve cycled through this cleanse 3 times before, and I lost (and kept off) about 17lbs from it. I usually only complete the first 5-6 days though. Afterwards I have found it, and still do, find it much easier to eat cleaner. Your body gets so used to clean, healthy, and natural food. It just makes me realize how much crap I shovel into my body. I definitely recommend it. But do be warned, it takes a hell of a lot of willpower. And cravings will be BAD the first couple of days. They do subside though, no worries. I made the soup one round. It’s a nice go-to like on day four when you’re tired of milk and bananas.
This cleanse can be used as often as you would like without any health complications, that is unless you have any preexisting conditions that your eating habits may affect. It is designed to flush your system of impurities and chemicals and give you a feeling of well being. After 7 days you will overall feel so much better, especially physically. I know I myself felt less bogged down. And they SAY you can lose up to 17 pounds during that week. Those pounds are NOT going to be all of fat, mind you. You have to remember that you are getting rid of chemicals and things your body doesn’t need. I know for me my big enemy is sodium so a lot of my weight was water weight. I also worked out every day during the cleanse except for veggie day, because frankly, you’ll have no energy. Or at least I didn’t. You’ll go from Day 1 fruits to Day 2 veggies and your body is like, “Hey! My natural sugars…what’d you do with them!?”.
During the seven days you must abstain from all alcohol…or so they say. I think I may have still mildly been in my party phase the first round I did this and still drank. I think what I did though was stuck with one kind of alcohol the entire night and just upped my water intake that night afterwards and that next day.
That being said, you will need to drink 10+ glasses of water each day. This is a CLEANSE, water is going to help flush out the impurities that are already in our bodies from how we’ve been eating.
- Day One: All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consist of all the fruits your little heart desires. It is strongly encouraged that you eat a lot of melons the first day. Why? Because melons are mostly water and are going to further help your body flush out impurities. “If you limit your fruit consumption to melons, your chances of losing three pounds on first day are very good.” <- Remember, that is NOT fat loss.
- Day Two: All vegetables. Eat until your little tummies are stuffed full of both raw and cooked veggies. There are no restrictions are far as the type of vegetable or the amount. “For your complex carbohydrate, you will start day two with a large baked potato for breakfast. You may top the potato with one pat of butter.” <- I would always have TWO baked potatoes, and I’d eat them for lunch since Tuesdays (which is normally Day 2) are my long days at work. Like I previously mentioned, each of the 3 rounds that I ran through this cleanse, I had very little energy for much more than just work because I went from all the natural sugars from fruit in Day 1 to all these veggies in Day 2.
- Day Three: A mix of both fruits AND veggies of your choice. As much as you’d like! Go nuts. Only restrictions are no potatoes or bananas today.
- Day Four: Bananas and milk. Eat up to 8 bananas today (I don’t think I ever ate anymore than 5?). Three glasses of milk. If you don’t like dairy, are vegan, are lactose intolerant, etc… I recommend substituting with almond milk, as I’m not an advocate for soy. I also add in a variety of mixed nuts on this day even though the “diet” doesn’t call for it. You may also have the “special soup” on this day, along with all other days, which we will get to soon.
- Day Five: Beef and tomato day! You guys know I love me some beef and tomatoes, haha. It is recommended to eat two 10 oz. portions of lean beef. Hamburger IS okay. You will also eat 6 whole tomatoes. I know that it was easier for me a couple of my cycles to buy unsalted, canned tomatoes and just eat those. On this day you will need to increase your water intake by one quart. The reasoning behind this is to aid your body in excreting the excess uric acid that it will be producing. And hey, if you can’t eat ALL of the beef and tomatoes, don’t stress! It’s fine. If you’re vegan, substitute it with whatever you normally eat in place of beef.
- Day Six: Beef and vegetables. Eat as much and whatever kind of veggies you’d like! Feast away. I may substitute dear meat on this day for at least one meal. It’s leaner anyway.
- Day Seven: Last day! You will consume brown rice, vegetables, and fruit juice; all that you’d like. Just make sure that the juice you consume is actual, all fruit juice. Nothing packed with sugar an only a small percentage of actual fruit juice.
When you wake up the eighth morning you *should* be 10-17 pounds lighter than you were on Day 1. If you desire further weight loss, you may repeat the program again. You can cycle through the cleanse however many days you like. Now, for this soup you all ask about!
GM’S “Wonder Soup”
This soup is intended as a supplement to your diet. It can be eaten at any time during the cleanse, in virtually unlimited quantities. You are encouraged to consume large amounts of the soup.
- 28 oz Water
- 6 Large Onions
- 2 Green Peppers
- Whole Tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1 Head Cabbage
- 1 Bunch Celery
- 4 Envelopes Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Herbs and Flavoring as desired.
Throw it all in a pot/crock pot and let it all cook until you have no more crunchy veggies. Store in the fridge.
DO note: Not everyone likes all of these veggies, and THAT’S FINE!! Make it with whatever you prefer. You do need the onion soup mix though, it doesn’t taste how you’d expect it. Eat off of this all week. I know when I made it, I made a larger batch because my family loves veggie soup so everyone had some.
-Vegetables as may be eaten in the form of a salad if you prefer. But do note: no dressing except malt, white or wine vinegar, squeezed lemon, garlic, or herbs. No more than one tea spoon of oil. Dressing is full of empty calories and unnecessary things for this cleanse.
-You have the recipe for the soup which can be eaten in unlimited quantities at any time int the cleanse.
Beverages you may consume while completing the cleanse:
1. Water (flavored with lemon/lime if okay).
2. Club Soda.
3. Black Coffee. No cream or cream substitute. No sugar or sweeteners.
4. Black Tea (herbal or leaf)
5. The fruit juices on Day 7.
How & why does this work, you ask?
Day One you are preparing your system for the upcoming changes that the cleanse will bring. Your only source of nutrition will be fruit. Fruits are nature’s “perfect food”. They provide everything your body needs except for total balance and variety.
Day Two starts with a fix of complex carbohydrates coupled with an oil dose. (Like I mentioned, I eat the potatoes at lunch). This is taken in the morning for energy and balance. The rest of Day 2 will consist of other veggies which for the most part are virtually calorie free. They will be providing your body essential nutrients and fiber.
Day Three we eliminate the potato because your body will be deriving the carbohydrates from the fruit you consume. Your system is now prepared to start burning excess pounds.
Day Four, trust me, bananas, milk, and soup don’t sound the most appetizing, but you’re in for a surprise. Like I mentioned, you probably will not eat all 8 bananas. However, they serve a purpose: they are there for the potassium you have lost and the sodium that your body may not have received within the past three days. You will notice a definite loss of desire for sweets. You’ll never have known a banana could taste so good!
Day Five is when we eat beef and tomatoes. The beef is for iron and proteins, the tomatoes are for digestion and fiber. The increase in water consumption will help purify your systm. You should notice that you have clear urine on Day 5 (if not before since you will be drinking so much water). Like I said, do not feel like you have to eat all of the beef! But it is encouraged you try to eat all 6 tomatoes.
Day Six is very similar to Day 5. Your body will use the iron and proteins from the beef, it will use the vitamins and fiber from vegetables. By now your body is in a total weight loss inclination. There very well may be a noticeable difference in your body’s appearance today than in day one, just due to the extremely clean eating you’ve taken part in.
Day Seven is just to kind of round off the program, a strong, healthy finish.
- life-surprising reblogged this from autumnsappetite and added:
- kkolorado-klasss likes this
- goodnight-babe-4262 likes this
- fixingthisbrokenheart likes this
- aszb likes this
- asupermodelslegs reblogged this from autumnsappetite
- diet-vanillaco-ke likes this
- bayleighalana likes this
- scomet likes this
- like-the-sea likes this
- magicwizards likes this
- fitpureshasu reblogged this from autumnsappetite
- llwrites likes this
- you-hit-every-nerve likes this
- yummyloss reblogged this from autumnsappetite
- bjautrand likes this
- kpoe78 likes this
- modsunsstonergirl likes this
- i-wouldwalk-500miles reblogged this from autumnsappetite
- becausebritishisbetter likes this
- raywalker10 likes this
- talesas0ldastime reblogged this from autumnsappetite
- talesas0ldastime likes this
- irockinmysocks likes this
- jnjsheil likes this
- concealdontpheel likes this
- britneefiction likes this
- dirtythirtydoover likes this
- zielkie reblogged this from autumnsappetite
- justabitofrae likes this
- hearts-on-clothing-lines likes this
- lovlifealways likes this
- itstruer0manceisdead likes this
- fitnessloveandhappiness likes this
- fitandhealthytobe reblogged this from autumnsappetite
- fitandhealthytobe likes this
- kathrynssw likes this
- skinnygiggles reblogged this from autumnsappetite and added:
- kay-teenie likes this
- syvennine likes this
- magicmunchlax likes this
- tattooedorangeunicorn likes this
- sailorgirlsanchez reblogged this from autumnsappetite and added:
- infinite8end likes this
- seasonalprogress reblogged this from autumnsappetite
- grasso-to-magro likes this
- learninghowtoexercise reblogged this from autumnsappetite
- ihatebeingthefatfriend reblogged this from autumnsappetite
- cambelievesindreams likes this